Head of Manufacturing required for exciting opportunity with private family owned group with in excess of 50 sites globally. As Head of Manufacturing you will report directly to the Managing Director and lead a superb manufacturing facility that has been purpose built and received significant investment.
Having visited the facility today this role will excite a Head of Manufacturing, Manufacturing Manager or equivalent who has experience working in a highly automated facility with a high product mix. The facility is yet to reach it's predicted output, you will work closely with Engineering, OEM's and controls experts to drive plant output to reduce TAKT time. The facility has amazing potential, investment into CAPEX has been extensive with a desire to create a world class manufacturing facility.
As Head of Manufacturing you will:
Define, implement & review appropriate operating procedures and principles across the business to maximize efficiency, product quality and engineering requirements for the business. Oversee the manufacturing process and ensure production lines are running smoothly and efficiently. Work closely with supervisors, production planning, quality and maintenance staff to plan work, set targets and make sure the finished products meet quality standards expected by our customers’.
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will be responsible for the engineering, manufacture and quality standards of product range.
- Create a value-adding regime of key performance indicators for the Business Unit to drive high quality products delivered on time
- Ensure middle management objectives and priorities are aligned with the company's vision
- Develop and implement a cost-effective and appropriate operating environment; and where necessary introduce lean manufacturing principles
- Support staff in attaining operational goals through provision of an operational framework
- Maintain a culture of teamwork, resilience and high performance to maximise employee potential
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement and value adding where required
- Manage and mentor an effective lean and cost down function within the business unit that delivers a progressive and structured return in Quality, Cost and Delivery
- Liaise with the Quality Department to ensure that materials and products are produced to an acceptable standard, generating positive feedback from clients.
- Ensure your fellow senior management team are kept abreast of the current status
As Head of Manufacturing you will be:
- Driven and tenacious
- Thrive with complex challenges to solve
- Excellent at stakeholder management, internally and externally
- Experienced working in a business with in excess of £30 million T/O and 150 employees
- Experienced working with complex automated machinery
- Able to identify and drive through efficiency's within an automated environment
- Experience of SAP would be an advantage