Senior Quality Engineer
This role offers great career development opportunities with a fantastic global business.
My client a leading global manufacturer based in Cheltenham are seeking an experienced Senior Quality Engineer who will be responsible and accountable for integrating robust products as part of new products development in line with Production / Quality Strategy & Metrics, Project Deliverables, Company Processes & Procedures, Quality & Process Capabilities, and Design Specifications.
The Senior Quality Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Drive use of all elements of Operation Certification during new product development.
- Act as a responsible quality engineer for all programmes and projects, with the ability to understand complex technical designs based on sound product knowledge.
- Liaise / Collaborate closely with all levels of Production, NPD, & Supply Chain. Use relationships to maintain a network to support Production / Quality Strategies.
- Integral member of Design & Process FMEA activities driving development of robust reliable products and production processes, with regular feedback / communication.
- In conjunction with NPI manufacturing engineer assess existing manufacturing capabilities for defined project needs. Manage gaps, risks, RCA and drive resolutions. Ensure appropriate measurement techniques are used.
- Critique new product & production technical documentation ensuring specification is clearly defined and are inline with processes / equipment selected.
- Support the robust delivery of new product development DP’s with a high focus on DP Ops stage.
- Support / drive the creation of quality documentation associated with the Production NPI
- Support the delivery of Process Mapping, PFMEA, sessions and ensure the subsequent testing scenarios drive resolution.
- Ensure control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained.
- Support NPI & PI with Machinery Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (MFMEA) to help identify weaknesses in the reliability of the critical equipment and tooling during machinery, equipment or tooling design.
- Support the NPI Manufacturing Engineer’s delivery of Pilot Build against quality deliverables
- Support the NPI Manufacturing Engineer’s delivery of Pre Production Build against quality deliverables
- Support Production performance at launch until handover using Minitab and six sigma techniques. Driving quality & production targets.
- Promote and ultilise techniques for continuous improvement such as Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), and Measurement System Analysis
- Support new product and process training for the manufacturing facility and staff in line with current quality engineering standards / practices.
- Support / Drive production problem resolution using best practice quality tools and techniques. Applying engineering and quality fundamentals to problem solving & make appropriate decisions.
- Support internal and external (Kohler) production approvals utilising IPAR’s and PPAP’s.
- Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends that concern product quality.
- Work within the guidelines of Departmental and Company policies, procedures and work
instructions. Support the development of Best Practice within the engineering / quality teams.
- Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Quality Management system (TS16949/ISO9001)
- Identify continuous improvements within NPD projects. Implement against quality, cost, and delivery.
- Operate without need for technical supervision. Coach / Mentor / Utilise Engineers at Senior
I, Engineer 1/2/3.
- Make appropriate decisions in complex situations, justify risk under critical review. Drive corrective actions through to resolution where failures occur.
- Drive quality communication, related to new products, to ensure knowledge is shared and recorded.
- Define and develop cell data structure and management in conjunction with appropriate stakeholders (collection, output, analysis and communication requirements and methodology)
Senior Quality Engineer Skills/Requirements
- Achieved minimum BEng / BSC certificate or equivalent engineering qualifications.
- Minimum of 5 years experience after degree, ideally completed 4 year engineering apprenticeship.
- Experience of communicating information at all levels across various functions: written & verbally, concisely and accurately.
- A tenacious, enthusiastic, results driven individual with excellent time management skills.
- A confident user of Microsoft office software & SAP
- Must be structured and organised, with an ability to work on their own, within a team, and lead a small team when required.
- Project Management experience, with six sigma black belt project leadership experience.
- Trained to use MS Project.
Salary £38000-£40000 + Bonus + Package